Hey lovelies! Generally I don’t like doing these types of things but I work for Publix Supermarkets and part of our mission statement is to be actively involved in our communities and so I am a member of the Cardiac Cops 298 team for the American Heart Association Heart Walk! I am currently looking for any sponsorships by my awesome fellow blogger community to help me reach my goal of $150 raised for this campaign because it is so important, and touches me personally!
The Heart Walk hits close to home because my grandfather suffered from several severe strokes at a fairly young age (50s). At first he would lose a little bit of ability to use one side and went to physical therapy, then progressed to having difficulty walking without a cane and not being able to drive, to eventually ending his own life from being in so much pain and not being able to live a normal life due to the strokes. It was a devastating time for our family because we never got to say goodbye or ever come to terms that he is gone, especially for my mother and uncle. This is why I am walking and raising money, for me, for my family, and so that another family doesn’t have to go through with a tragic loss like we did.
Did you know?
- Cardiovascular disease is the number 1 killer of all of Americans, taking one life every 39 seconds!
- Heart disease also kills more woman than all forms of cancers combined, and yet no one really talks about it.
- Congenital cardiovascular defects are the most common cause of infant death from birth defects!
The funds that are raised in the Heart Walk will support a ton of projects such as:
- Providing doctors with up-to-the-minute research so that they can better help prevent and treat heart disease among patients
- Research for pediatric heart and stroke to help combat the 36,000 babies born each year with heart defects
- Being able to give life-saving information to the public like how to eat better, warning signs, and how to talk to a doctor about critical health choices
Here is also a link that breaks down what your donation can do to make a difference from Heart.org. I urge you to check it out and share it with your friends and social media.
If for any reason you feel uncomfortable or unable to sponsor me yourself, please share my page on your social media, and I urge you to get involved yourself! Try finding a local Heart Walk with your company, creating a team, or even just doing it yourself and help make a difference! There are over 300 cities that are getting involved across America so i’m sure you can find one locally to support if that’s what you choose! Also remember, no donation is too small, even $1 adds up when it comes to saving lives and taking a stand against heart disease, together, we can all make a difference.
To make a secure donation (even anonymous) please click the gadget on the top of this post OR go directly to the link http://brevardheartwalk.kintera.org/xxunluv3dlizxx I do not see any payment information ever and the American Heart Association receives it directly.
If you got this far in my post, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this, I will be collecting for another 32 days and I apologize in advance because I probably will repost this before the campaign is over.